Thursday, November 3, 2011

Topic Proposal

The topic that I have chosen for the two essays are the use of steroids in sports.  Steroids have been used in almost all sports for many decades.  Athletes are always trying to find new ways to enhance their abilities.  Athletes throughout America are interested in this topic; as well as fans of the sports.  The athletes wish to become better and earn more money.  The fans just want to turn the other cheek and watch the games they love.  The team owners also are interested in this topic because while they do not want their team penalized for doping, they do want good players to draw in crowds to their games.  The last interest point is the government.  They care about steroids in sports because some of the steroids are illegal in the United States.  I personally take the side of the fan that knows it happens and wishes it would not, but still will watch the game no matter what.  This issue is important to me because I love sports and want the players to participate cleanly.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, the topic of steroid issue in professional sports is, indeed, a controversial one. You have identified the stakeholders. Just make sure to devote equal amount time/space developing each of these perspectives. I would also suggest that you focus the issue you are exploring. Are you considering perspectives on whether steroid use should be legal or the different views on whether steroid use is as dangerous/unethical as some have claimed? Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete