Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Food Pictures

The pictures shown on the slideshow at menzelphoto.com show different families and a weeks worth of food that they normally live off of.  Compared to the other families, the USA family had a lot more food.  I think the slideshow was trying to show us that we eat and waste too much.  If we just shared some of the food it would make life easier for the other cultures that do not have nearly as much to last a week.  There was also a picture of a boy who was trying to decide what he wanted to eat for breakfast.  Most people do not have the luxury of being able to choose something for breakfast like the European  child.  The slideshow is intended to create a pathos that has the audience feeling bad about how they eat or waste the food that they have.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that it is trying to show how we eat way too much but I don't know if it is trying to convey that we waste food necessarily. The only picture that conveys that is the family from North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right in saying that the photographs appeal to the audience's pathos. It does make a person feel almost disgusted with themselves and guilty about those who are less fortunate. I felt guilty myself about how fortunate we are compared to the rest of the world. The photographer definitely used pathos effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that the photographer is trying to point out how much more we have than other countries. He is also pointing out that many other countries eat food from a natural setting that many Americans find to be disturbing such as a fish with the head still on it and the bugs. The pathos was definitely an important factor in his project and we all can admit to some guilt in how much we waste.

    ReplyDelete